The resurrection of vinyl as a playback format has seen the turntable become far more popular in recent times. Over the last few years we have experienced a huge influx in repairs and refurbishment on both classic and new turntables.
At Open Ear Audio we work on all belt drive, direct drive and rim drive turntables. From audiophile grade turntables to more modest home stereo systems, from radiograms to DJ decks.
What to expect from a turntable service:
- A full clean and check
- Lubrication of moving parts, especially motor and platter bearings
- Stylus check and advice on replacement options
- Speed control cleaning and adjustment if applicable
- All tonearm and cartridge adjustments checked and set
- Audio connections checked
Part of our service also includes providing advice on how to maintain your turntable yourself so that you can keep it in optimal working condition.
We can source and fit belts for almost all brands, including Thorens, Pro-ject, Rega, Connoisseur, Technics, Rotel, & much more.
We are able to source many replacement styli for older cartridges. We are also an authorized dealer of Ortofon Hi-fi and DJ cartridges which we recommend in many cases as a great upgrade option.
GET IN TOUCH NOW
ph. 0432 077 787